Summer can sometimes be nasty. With temperature hitting 39 degrees, you don’t want to risk cooking too much and contribute to rapidly sweltering air. Potato salad was my best friend last week as I needed something to cool myself down. As easy as counting one two three, preparation took less than 30 minutes. Best prepared the night before so it can take time to chill in the fridge.
Straight from the fridge and enjoy the sensation as these little yellow fellow sank into your throat. With creamy mayo and sour cream making their way, salty bacon and crispy pancetta jumping cheerfully into the wagon, while red onion and green scallion serenading with confident, watch them bringing the mercury down down…
- 1kg Potatoes
- 4 Eggs
- 6 slices Short-Cut Bacon
- 1 Scallion / Spring Onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon Red Onion, finely chopped
- 15 tablespoon Mayonaise
- 3 tablespoon Sour Cream
- ¼ teaspoon Curry Powder
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Put potatoes into boiling water, boil until they are done, but still firm.
- Cover eggs with tap water and bring them to boil.
- Thinly slice the bacon (1 cm length) then fry them in hot pan (no need to add oil).
- Once potatoes are done, drain them and let them cool.
- Peel eggs and slice into 8.
- Once bacon is crispy, turn off the heat, and set them apart.
- Time to mix your potato salad.
- Make sure potatoes, bacon and eggs are cool (otherwise you will scramble the mayonaise). Put all the ingredients into a bowl and start mixing. Taste them and adjust to your liking.
- Put into fridge and serve when they are cold.